Genma Speaks

Entrepreneur/ Writer/ Radio-Host

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Brown is Genma Holmes New Black

I am known for donning black...often. Ten thousand pairs of black pants, skirts, blazers, and evening dresses galore it seems. I do not recall when the color of black took over my closet but I believe somewhere between raising teens and owning a business, I started wearing black. Lots of black.

After a health scare in the spring of 2013, I took assessment of life and decided to make sure I am doing things that I truly enjoy. Getting back to blogging about great finds for the fashionistas who love clothes and who love great deals has been on my must do list for sometime. I am collector, not a shopper, of timeless pieces that can flow effortlessly from day into evening and would be appropriate in the boardroom, volunteering in a school, in a radio studio, and of course, running a pest control company.

Brown has become my new black. Almond, amber, bay, brandy, bronze, chocolate, cinnamon, coffee, copper, mocha, and rich gold tones clothing and accessories have made their way to the check out counter with me since the day after Labor Day. Here is one of my new favorites outfits.


In WTST studios getting ready to interview Travis McVey
The Anne Klein gold silk blouse, the brown leather belt with gold embroidery, and the gold knotted necklace were from a wonderful store called The Sugar Pea in Old Hickory, TN.

The Bergdorf Goodman brown boulce skirt woven with gold metallic thread has a little swing action and can be paired with an evening jacket for a night on the town. This beautiful skirt is from Couture for a Cause in Brentwood, TN. The blouse and skirt look as if they were made for each other. My leopard print velvet tee is over twenty years old and felt brand new when I paired it with the skirt and blouse.

The tan flower bracelet with topaz gemstones peeping from under the cuff of my blouse is from my own line of jewelry that is debuting soon.

At the Southern Region IABC Conference with Diane Chase
I wore a pair of black boots and brown tights with this outfit. Compliments galore!

For more great finds like my ensemble above, visit The Sugar Pea and Couture for Cause. These boutiques are owned by women with wonderful hearts and are on a mission. They champion women with causes and I love them dearly. Tell them Genma sent you!

Pro Photos by Lawrence Taylor of  www.chicagraphyimages.com



Share:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig