Throughout 2013 listeners will hear from presidents of organizations who are global change agents. We will also hear from CEOs of social enterprise businesses who are changing communities and college educators who are taking their students out of the classroom and into surrounding neighborhoods to learn and serve others.
Join us to hear about Dancing with The Nashville Stars and Creativity Moves 2nd Annual Conference. John Philleo will share about Dancing with the Nashville Stars, a benefit for Feed America First. This benefit is back for its third year of wowing the Middle Tennessee Area with an exciting fundraiser that addresses a serious crisis in America, 1 out of 5 children goes hungry. John will share how funds from Dancing with the Nashville Stars are used at Feed America First and ways we can all participate. Genma Holmes is dancing in this years fundraiser.
Living Your Best Life, a radio show that empowers, inspires and motivates one to live their BEST life, can heard on 760 AM in the Middle-Tennessee Region, on Tune In, military bases, and streamed live on U-Stream.TV from 9-10AM CST. This show will also be aired on WTST, a member of the HBCU radio network.
More About Dancing with the Nashville Stars
Feed America First is pleased to announce the cast of its 2013 Dancing with the Nashville Stars fundraising banquet. The event features a dance contest between 8 local celebrities paired with professional dance instructors from National Dance Clubs and World Champion Productions.
The event will take place from 6 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013, at The Factory at Franklin, in Liberty Hall.
All proceeds from the event benefit Feed America First, a Franklin-based hunger relief charity that operates out of Murfreesboro and serves the Middle Tennessee region.
“We’re so excited that local celebrities of this stature would choose to align themselves with Feed America First, and in fact share our passion to feed the hungry,” said Tom Henry, founder and executive director of Feed America First. “We have such a broad variety of personalities, which makes us confident that this will be our best event ever.”
The goal of this event is to provide enough food for half a million meals. The couple that raises the most money for the charity through voting and other revenue streams wins the coveted mirrored-ball trophy. A panel of judges will also give trophies for Artistic Impression and Technical Merit.
The 2013 DWTNS celebrity dancers and their professional partners are:
· Dr. Enrique Arevalos, radiologist with Williamson Medical Center, paired with pro Khyrstyne Dunaway, of National Dance Clubs, Belle Meade;
· Shauna Billingsley, Franklin City Attorney and former Franklin Breakfast Rotary president, paired with pro Alfred Perratta, of National Dance Clubs, Brentwood;
· Jennifer Herron, WSMV Anchor/Reporter and radio personality, paired with pro Dusty Johnson, of World Champion Productions, Mt. Juliet;
· Genma Holmes, Host of Living Your Best Life Radio and Entrepreneur, paired with pro John Elliot, of World Champion Productions, Mt. Juliet;
· Brad Hopkins, Former Tennessee Titan and Host of First Quarter on 102.5 The Game, paired with pro Audra Ownby, of National Dance Clubs, Belle Meade;
· Jennifer Kraus, NewsChannel 5 Investigative Reporter/Anchor, paired with pro Josh Crenshaw, of National Dance Clubs, Brentwood;
· Rodney Mitchell, Celebrity Stylist and Salon Owner, paired with pro Milly Elkin, of National Dance Clubs, Brentwood; and,
· Kelly Sutton, Emmy-nominated News Anchor and TV Personality, paired with pro Dayshawn Powell, of National Dance Clubs, Belle Meade.
In addition to the celebrity dance contest, the event will include a catered dinner, a silent auction, and open dancing for guests. The general public is invited to attend the event, but seating is limited, so reservations should be made quickly.
Reservations can be made online atwww.feedamericafirst.org or checks may be made payable to Feed America First, 1105 Blue Springs Rd., Franklin, TN 37069.
More About Creativity Moves
Creativity Moves Nashville is a gathering of Nashville's innovative creative leaders, thinkers, and doers who believe in the power of creativity to do good and transform our community.
Founded in 2012, Creativity Moves Nashville is an initiative of Playing By Air Productions, and High-Wired Communities, in partnership with Nashville community leaders. The October 10-12, 2013 conference is made possible by the support of community sponsors and partners including the Curb Center for Art, Enterprise, and Public Policy, The Village Fund, Artober, Metropolitan Nashville Arts Commission, Arts & Business Council of Greater Nashville, Nashville Creative Group, Beth Inglish Art, The MEPR Agency, Resolve TV, Abrasive Media, Nossi College of Art, Now Playing Nashville, Sam Davidson, David Hutchins, Jody Lentz, Foothill Entertainment Group, Creators’ Freedom Project, No Starving Artist, The Tour of Smiles, The Sing Me a Story Foundation, The Skillery, Proof Branding, Mothers Digital, Living Your Best Life with Genma Holmes, Interactive for Good, and Songs-4-Cause.